Digital accessibility isn’t just for coders or web designers. All of us can do something in our daily work to make the world more accessible and inclusive for people who may have disabilities, whether temporary or permanent.
"People are not disabled, it is the environment that is disabling" —Hugh Herr, MIT
This will be a fast-paced webinar, with the following 15 minute sessions:
- An empathy session featuring a UC student and a staff member with disabilities
- Tips for making documents, videos, and websites accessible
- Video captioning demystified
- Buying accessible technology
- Legal considerations for accessibility
- Taking advantage of free online courses on accessibility
Webinar: Accessibility Is for Everyone: Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2021
When: May 20, 2021
Time: 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Where: Register for the GAAD webinar